Today just about everyone wears some type of eyeglasses; anywhere from over the counter reading glasses and sun glasses to prescription eyeglasses. Then there are specialty eye wear that includes eyeglasses and sunglasses that are designed for a specific purpose, such as computer use, driving, work, hobbies, protecting your eyes and more. Eyeglasses have become a more and more important and necessary daily necessity. Most people are unable to go on their daily life without eyewear.
Hence, keeping eyeglasses clean and healthy for a clear vision is quite important.
These are some tips for maintaining eyeglasses:
1. Resin lenses and plastic lenses are more easily scratched compared with other types of lenses. Hence, wearers should be more careful when cleaning these lenses.
2. It is best to buy lens with good anti-scratch performance. These lenses can avoid numerous marks that affect vision.
3. Do not expose eyeglasses to extreme high temperatures. For example, do not put your eyeglasses in the car. Especially in the hot days, the heat created inside the car can cause deformation and distortion of both the lens and frame.
4. Do not put eyeglasses besides the chemical substances such as cosmetics, hair spray, insecticide… that in order to avoid corroding the lens and frame.
5. For the drivers, do not wear a pair of colored eyeglasses when driving for the sake of safety.
6. No matter how careful you are, it is unavoidable to be scratched or smeared on the lens. Hence, when these scratches or spots can not be cleaned up, it is time to change a pair of new eyeglasses.
7. Carefully and regularly check the alignment of the frame while standing in front of a mirror. The alignment of the frame directly influences the effect of the vision correction. Once frame is seemed to be misaligned, you should repair it yourselves by the screw driver or go to the optical stores to repair it. Generally, wearers need to make a frame adjustment for a regular time. Do not treat with indifference when the frame is loose.
As we know, the lens is very easy to get dirt or be scratched especially during the exercise. And as the most important part of eyeglasses, lens should be made a correct and careful maintenance.
Now, In the following paragraph you will learn how to properly clean your eyeglasses Lenses.
1. Please rinse lens with water before cleaning. This will wipe out the dusts or other tiny particles which can scratch or smear the surface of the lens when rubbing the lens.
2. After rinsing lens with water, please clean it with lens cleanser or other mild soap to further clean off the oil, sweat or other residues that difficult to wash with water on the lens.
3. Dry lens with a special lens cloth or other soft cloth. Remember that gently rub the lens avoiding making it broken. Also rubbing off the fingerprints and smudges on the lens.
4. Put the lens upside or keep in the lens case when not wearing it. This can prevent the surface of lens from touching with hard thighs that can scratch or damage the lens.
I hope that the above tips can help you when maintaining eyeglasses.